The principal objective of the Corporation is to benefit the City economically by fostering increased employment opportunities and by expansion of business and industry, thereby lessening the burdens of government and combating community deterioration, as well as improving quality of life for our citizens.
- Make investments to create new inventory of sites and/or buildings to support the growth of businesses and jobs in the Rock Hill area.
- Make the development of human capital a cornerstone of the Knowledge Park through the Knowledge Park Innovation Project.
- Through the Technology Incubator at Knowledge Park, support local entrepreneurs to create businesses that have the potential to significantly impact the growth of jobs and income in Knowledge Park and all of Rock Hill and York County.
- Effectively market Rock Hill as a location for business relocation, expansion, and investment.
- Implement RHEDC’s Financial Management Plan, as a means to build financial capacity for new economic development investments.
- Through the Rock Hill Designs initiative, provide leadership for public and private investments that enhance the quality of life in Rock Hill.
- Act as a driving force for the implementation of the Knowledge Park Plan in cooperation with the City and Knowledge Park Leadership Group.