The City of Rock Hill is committed to assuring accessibility, with reasonable accommodations, of city services, facilities, employment and programs for all individuals, in compliance with Federal law. Please contact Phyllis R. Fauntleroy, ADA Coordinator at 803-329-5571 if you need assistance.
Conditions of Use
By visiting City of Rock Hill websites, users agree that they will not use the site for any unlawful activity, or use it in any way that would violate the terms and conditions of use. Any use of City websites shall comply with all City of Rock Hill and South Carolina laws and regulations as well as with all federal laws and regulations. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on City websites are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under state law and federal statutes including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act. We monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage to the City's websites. Anyone using City websites expressly consents to such monitoring.
The Rock Hill Logo is a trademark of the City of Rock Hill. Any use of the materials stored on the City's websites is prohibited without the written permission of the City of Rock Hill. The City of Rock Hill retains all intellectual property rights including copyrights on all text, graphic images, and other content. This means that the following acts or activities are prohibited without prior, written permission from the City of Rock Hill: 1) modify and/or re-use text, images, or other web content from a City server; 2) distribute the City's web content; or 3) "mirror" the City's information on a non-City server.
We will collect no personal information about you when you visit City websites unless you choose to provide that information to us voluntarily. We do not give, share, sell, or transfer any personal information to a third party, unless we are legally required to do so. We analyze user traffic patterns on our websites from information that is automatically provided to us by your browser when you visit our site. This information includes the IP address of your computer or network, the date, time, and page you visited on our site, your browser and operating system, and the referring page (the last web page you visited before clicking on a link to our site). We use the aggregated information from all of our visitors to measure server performance and improve the content of our site. We also track the keywords that are entered into our search engine service to measure interest in specific topics, but we do not track which terms a particular user enters.
The City of Rock Hill uses linking and searching capabilities to navigate publicly available information from many websites that are not part of our websites. The privacy policies and procedures described here will not apply to those external sites. We suggest contacting these sites directly if you want information on their data collection and distribution policies.
External Linking Policy
The City of Rock Hill views the provision of links to external websites as a public service that can benefit its citizens and other site visitors. Overall, the City’s websites should provide useful information and reflect a positive image of Rock Hill, SC. The City of Rock Hill will select links to the external websites to the extent the links help support these goals. In establishing and maintaining its official websites, the City does not intend to create any forum or other means for public discourse. Rather, the sole and limited purpose of the permitted external links is to provide information about the City for residents, businesses and visitors.
The City does not endorse or provide preferential treatment to any third party websites or associated organizations or persons. Since the City does not control third party websites, it does not warrant that third party websites are accurate or reliable or that they have operational links. The user acknowledges and agrees that the City of Rock Hill is not liable in any way for the content, accuracy, reliability, viewpoints, policies, or products provided by these external resources.
In order to avoid the appearance of City endorsement of political content, links shall not be made to sites that are associated with, sponsored by or serving a campaign for elected office, any political party or organization supporting or seeking to defeat any candidate for elective office or ballot proposal. In addition, no corporate or commercial logos or direct links to vendor sites are allowed, with the exception of information provided on Rock Hill based annual top sales tax generating businesses, annual top employers, and business/industry success stories featured by the City’s Economic and Urban Development Department, listed and identified solely to promote economic development within the City. In listing these businesses, the City does not issue any endorsement of the business or its products and services.
It is the City's policy to limit external links to the following entities and organizations:
- Chamber of Commerce, Neighborhood Associations and/or Visitors Bureau;
- Other governmental agencies;
- Museums, libraries, historical organizations and similar kinds of established, bona fide organizations that provide resources to residents and visitors of the City;
- Public and private, bona fide educational institutions, (a) as defined in Education Code § 210.1, or as described in Education Code § 66010 and (b), located within Rock Hill, SC; and
- Entities and organizations whose primary purpose is to provide the location, telephone number, and/or description of tourism events in the City of Rock Hill.
- Public Utilities and public transportation entities.
- Entities that the City has an existing formal, contractual relationship with through direct funding or co-partnership on programs.
The City of Rock Hill’s websites will not provide links to:
- Sites associated with, sponsored by or serving a campaign for elected office.
- Sites promoting illegal activities.
- Sexually explicit sites.
- Sites containing information that violates any of the City’s affirmative action or equal opportunity policies.
Individuals and Organizations Linking To City of Rock Hill Websites Criteria:
The City websites are provided as an information source for public use. The City of Rock Hill strives to maintain the integrity of this site and to present information which is accurate. The information is subject to periodic updates, revisions, deletions and additions without prior notice. Material provided at this site is gathered from many sources. The City of Rock Hill is not responsible for errors or omissions contained in the information, and makes no representations as to accuracy of the information. Links may be made to City websites, but we ask YOU to follow the following criteria:
- Do not create frames around the City’s websites or use other techniques that alter the visual presentation of the City’s websites.
- Do not imply that the City is endorsing you, your products or services.
- Do not imply an affiliation between your company and the City without the prior written consent of the City.
- Do not misrepresent your relationship with the City or present false or misleading impressions about City services.
- Sites should not contain materials that may be interpreted as distasteful or offensive and must be appropriate for all age groups.
- Sites shall use a text hyperlink or the Licensed Mark only and shall not use any official City seal, logo, or other image.