2nd ANNUAL PUMP HOUSE RIVER RUN
SATURDAY, JUNE 10, 2017
Registration now open!!
Click here to register
Early Registration: Now through June 6; $40 per person
Online Registration closes on June 6, 2017 at 5 PM
On-site Registration: June 10; $50 per person
On-site registration will be available from 6:00 AM - 7:45 AM if maximum has not been met.
T-shirts and sizes are not guaranteed at on-site registration.
| Due to construction on the Piedmont Medical Center Trail, a portion of the run may take place on natural surface trails. Follow our event on Facebook for trail updates!
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS!!!
The Pump House Restaurant
Nature Navigator Endowment Sponsors
Academy Sports & Outdoors
Resolute Forest Products
Water Cooler Sponsor
Orangetheory Fitness, Rock Hill
Wil Plyler Nationwide Insurance
Friend of Youth Sponsor
Crossfit Rock Hill
Waivers will be emailed to all participants before the race and will be available on-site the day of the race.
- USCG Type III or Type V life jackets are REQUIRED for paddling on the river; helmets are suggested. Any participant seen paddling without a life jacket or with an improperly fitted and fastened life jacket will be disqualified from the race.
- Registration is non-refundable and non-transferrable after June 1, 2017.
- Participants must be at least 12 years old to participate. Minors must have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian in order to participate.
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director.
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc. are discouraged for the safety of all participants.
- All participants are responsible for making their own decisions while on the water including, but not limited to; which equipment to use, which route to take, whether their skill and experience level are appropriate for this experience based on current or anticipated weather/water/trail conditions.
- Volunteers and rescue personnel will be on site during both portions of the race; however, all participants are responsible for self-rescue while on the river.
- Paddleboards on a moving water venue like the Catawba River should either have no leash or a quick release leash. For more information on ACA SUP Leash and Lifejacket recommendation, see this video.
- Kayak sitters will be available to watch kayaks at River Park until 1:00 PM
- Shuttles will be available from 6:30 AM - noon for relay teams to stage runners and equipment at River Park and return paddlers to the start area.
6:30 am - 9:00 am On-site registration (if maximum is not met), check-n, equipment drop off. Participants must check-in at least one hour before their registered wave.
Additional waves will be added as necessary but registration will be limited to 300 starting participants.
The following permitted outfitters are available for kayak rentals for the race:
Twisted Beaver River Adventures
Kayaking 4 H2O
For more information, please contact Hope Matthews at 803-817-5122.